Pages

Monday 24 June 2013

Production Diary: Pop Video

Over the weekend I have been thinking of the type of music video that I will be creating. I have also been looking at the codes and conventions for a successful music video and what is needed for the music video to be attracted to the correct target audience. For example a pop video would include bright colours and most commonly follow a simple narrative. These videos are popular as some narratives link well with the lyrics and may fit in well with the audiences life as well.
I have also been looking at music videos and listening to the lyrics to see if the video links in well, I have noticed that some music videos don't follow as they include performances. I think that in a music video it is a good idea to include some performances as this will give the target audience an insight to how they may be like at a live performance and will make the audience want to watch them. 
I have also been watching and listening to different music channels, I have noticed that 4Music have different presenters for different programmes, these are either artists saying which are there favourite top 10 songs of all time or interviews with artists. I like how they include recent and up-to-date news about the music industry. This encourages the target audience who are interested in the music industry to stick with their channel and watch most of the programmes shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment