Pages

Sunday 23 June 2013

Evidence of videos you admire

Rihanna - Only Girl (In The World) 

This music video is inspiring due to the variety of camera shots and editing. There are many close ups to emphasis the artist full energy in parts of the song. The use of long shots highlight the different locations she is at. I love how at the beginning of the music video you can hear the diegetic sound of the wind blowing and the video links well with this sound as the audience can clearly see that her dress is also blowing in the wind and then suddenly there is jump cut to the beginning of the song which has nothing to do with the wind. I like how throughout the music video the theme is red, her hair, the background and props used such as balloons and flowers. There is a good use of sound parallel as the song is happy and lively and then you see a blast of fireworks which links well in the music video. 

Katy Perry - Firework 

I like how at the beginning of this music video the director uses a pan from right to left of city skylines and you can hear the surroundings such as sirens. This makes the music video appear more realistic. There is a story behind this song, and the use of parallel editing with different scenes happening at the same time have been linked in very well. The use of the fireworks coming out of the artist emphasises the name of the music video and encourages the target audience to show that they aren't afraid or different. I like how the music video has been all based at night and the only colourful things in the music video is all the fireworks. 

Jessie J - WILD ft. Big Sean, Dizzee Rascal

I really like the beginning of this music video as it is simple and its all based in one place. The colours all blend well together. The main colours used is black, grey and white. I love the lighting used, and all the flashing lights making some scenes more brighter than ours. I also like how Jessie J introduces the other artists before they start singing. I also think that this music video was easy to shoot as its all in the same location and they are using body language that links in well with the lyrics. I like this music video because it highlights Jessie J's vocals. 

I have chosen to analyse these music videos as these are music videos in which have been a great in the past and each music video is different and follows a different style. I like how Rihanna's music video has followed the colour scheme of red, this bring her image out and connotates love. By completing this task, has brought some more ideas for my music video. Especially with the camera angles, I have noticed that in music videos close ups are used a lot to highlight the main artist. In my music video I am thinking of starting the music video with either a narrative or a close up of the artist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment