Pages

Friday 14 June 2013

Production Diary: Deciding On A Genre

In today’s lesson I have began to research music videos in order to decide which type of genre I will be basing my music video. I like the pop genre as it would be quite easy to create as the conventions of a pop music video is bright colours and a fun feeling which I believe is easy to create. I have been researching music artists such as; Rihanna, Beyonce and Katy Perry as they have been successful pop artists for a while and there music videos are interesting and use a variety of key concepts, for example some follow a simple narrative or some are performance based. I like the performance based music videos as they indicate to the audience what the artist may be like live on stage as they will be doing two things at once, dancing and singing. I have also began to think of who will be my artist in my music video and if I was to go with a performance type of music video I would ask my close friend Filipa as she is confident with cameras and she does dance competitions due to attending dance classes of hip hop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment