Pages

Friday 28 June 2013

Production Diary: Music Videos

Over these past few days I have continued to research music videos that I admire, by analysing these music videos it helps to understand the types of camera angles used in music videos. I have noticed that close ups are often used throughout which emphasises the artist even more. I’ve also noticed that narrative music videos are quite popular as they audience can relate to them. In the music video ‘Firework’ by Katy Perry, I like the use of mise en scene as they include fireworks shooting out of her which adds effect and emphasises the lyrics. I have also done another research task about music channels and found out that MTV have numerous sister channels in the U.S. I also learnt that music channels don’t always have to be dedicated to just music but it can also show programmes that are popular for the audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment