Pages

Sunday 9 February 2014

Transcipt: How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

When creating my music video, magazine advert and digipak I ensured I followed a ‘house style’ so that my products will be easily identified by its target audience which means that my products will be successful as they would have caught the audience’s eye.

My music video has the purpose to entertain its audience by highlighting freedom and happiness throughout, meaning not sitting around wasting time but living life to the maximum. This brings a good and energetic vibe towards my music video, due to the music also being of a fast tempo. The fast tempo throughout the music video is highlighted through the editing; each cut made in the video has been cut to the beat of the song making the music video look more interesting and appeal to the target audience. This also helps to represent happiness and freedom as its constant cuts moving on. The artist I chose will help to be successful as she is young and has great talent in both acting and dancing, this will help make sales and promote the album.

I believe that my music video is successful as I planned before shooting which enabled me to make sure I had enough footage that I could use. I also practised shooting before shooting on the day; this enabled me to have a steady hand when shooting with the steady cam. Lip syncing was essential in my music video as many shots are of my artist singing to camera; therefore I had to edit my clips in order for the lip sync to match the original soundtrack. The visuals shown on my video are of a high quality which also contain effects to make the footage stand out even more. When watching my music video, as it is of a pop genre it does make the audience wants to dance as there is an upbeat fast pace tempo encouraging the audience. To conclude, my music video follows the conventions of a typical pop music video, therefore I believe my video is fit for purpose and would be successful.

The purpose of the magazine advert is to promote the music videos album and the artist through her image. I believe my magazine advert represents the artist’s image and highlights happiness as expressed in the music video as the images used are of the artist happily smiling with a good atmosphere. Equally the colours used also represent this, initially I was going for a gold and black theme however I then noticed that this didn’t necessarily fit in well with the pop genre, therefore changed the colours to a more girly and feminine colour; pink. I strongly believe that pink was the right colour to use as my music video is mainly aimed at girls and pink tends to be a more feminist colour. I made my artist black and white as I believed that by already having brightly coloured text to attract the audience, the image would stand out more if it was in dull colours. I have also included reviews relevant to the genre, such as ‘Top of the Pops’, by having reviews encourages the audience to buy the album as ‘Top of the Pops’ is well known the audience already.

The digipak I created also maintains to portray the pink house style with a variety of photos of my artist either in black and white or in pink. The name of my album ‘Y.F.H – Young Foolish Happy’ reinforces my theme of happiness – as teenagers should be living life and not holding back onto grudges etc. Each page of the digipak features a type of line, this is either two lines crossed over each other or either two lines next to each other, and I have included these as a unique touch to each page which is consistent throughout.  

All three of my products have a symbolic relationship in common which relates to one another, this is due to the fonts being used throughout and the colour scheme. I have used pink a lot, which allows the audience to distinguish between other pop magazine adverts and digipak and even music videos. This is because my music video also has a colour scheme of pink ranging from the costumes and make up worn and the colour corrections on each clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment